But, I really wanted to discuss with you my dear friend Janney. I just gave her this blog address today so maybe she will read this tonight! Janney, you are the best friend ever. You know why? Here is my list for you;
- I have known you longer than any other girlfriend I have ever had and I never get sick of being with you
- You are as comfortable to be with as an old shoe
- You are stylish and beautiful. I can count on your good taste
- You love to laugh and you are never mean
- You tolerate all my flighty ideas even if they never come to anything
- I love that we each get to talk about ourselves and that we really care about what the other person has to say
- We have so many great memories from our shared time out here in the country
- You love art and gardening
- Our men were friends and they are similar people
- You always let me complain and never remind me of how lucky we are
- Even though you are just around the corner I never see you enough
- I will always love you!
I have known her since the day our children started kindergarten together. We served on pta together, did things as couples, volunteered together, shopped endlessly, birthday parties for our kids together, walks, gardening, lunches at Panera, sickness and health, wedding and now A BABY. I am so proud to call her my friend.
I don't make friends easily although I have many people I am friendly with. There are few girlfriends I would truly call a friend. I feel lucky to have them. I hope that everyone who reads this has one person in their lives who they consider such a person. We sure do need them to keep us remembering what is important.