Sunday, April 4, 2010

CELEBRATING EASTER

Happy Easter!  He is risen indeed. 

I love the fresh feeling that Easter brings as a holiday.  Just as we love the sharp scent of pine in winter when we celebrate Christmas, I again turn to the garden for inspiration for my Easter table.  All the pastel colors are allowed; for once it doesn't have to be black, black, black.  Little girls cavort in the yard in their pink ruffled dresses and mary janes while the young men of the family, dressed unwillingly in seersucker suits, stuff themselves with chocolate and deviled eggs.  Grownups drink killer bloody marys with lots of tabasco or semi-flat soda with lots of ice.   My mother in law would poach a whole salmon and decorate it with cucumber slices, olives etc., etc for scales and eyes.  A thing of beauty and delish to boot.  Ham and cold asparagus and blocks of strong upstate cheddar graced her table.

Here are a few pictures of Easter celebrations that I thought you might like:

More Later-going to pick some daffodils for my centerpiece!
xo
Plantress

5 comments:

  1. Exquisite pictures...thx for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures...Easter is one of my favourite holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little green box place setting, what a great idea for holding a treat, a place card, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great center piece ideas! If only I were that crafty. I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Spring Time photos, adore the 1st picture with the lovely table setting and bouquets of spring flowers.

    Your Easter celebration sounds fantastic from the deviled eggs to the pretty poached salmon right down to the spicy bloody Marys...a guest at your Easter festivities would be a very lucky person indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete