Sunday, October 17, 2010

H i Friends,

Yesterday was the big craft fair.  It went pretty well despite a strong wind which threatened the displays.  I did not reach my private goal but I came home determined to present a more professional front at the next show.  I definitely need some good mirrors, better display racks, a plan for the table that I can use over and over, some printed bags and a banner.  I had a competitor there who admittedly was part of a franchise.  The company had really nice packaging-really cool product boxes and bags and a very professional display.  The actual products weren't "real" (as in not real gold or silver) but it was faultlessly presented which is about half of the buying experience for a certain segment of the fair population as far as I can tell. 

On the plus side, my sales were very good for the turnout, I liked my table and I got ALOT of positive feedback on my wares.  It was very encouraging.  Now I am determined to move ahead one little centimeter at a time.  I get very frustrated at my lack of organization.  It's time to get real.  This is now a hobby for me as I have a full time job which prevents me from putting a full effort into it, but I think there might be something to build on.  There is income to be had, a base to build, learning to be done, technique and record keeping to learn.  Why not?  It is only for my own pleasure and to offer something to the world that I made.

Someday it would be nice to support my retirement with this hobby.  Thank you for reading dear followers.  I appreciate your loyalty more than words can express.

More Later,
xo
Plantress

1 comment:

  1. I found (when I used to do art & craft shows) that every show was a new experience and I was always learning something. You get ideas as you see the displays of vendors around you and you take those ideas and build upon them.
    Glad to hear you had a good showing and I'm sure the next one will be a real knock-out. The main thing you had over your competitor was that you're not a franchise; you're one of a kind and unique. People like and appreciate that.
    Maybe you can get a couple of photos from the next event to post on your blog ... we'd all love to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete