Thursday, March 10, 2011

sPRING IS jUsT aROUnD THE cORnER

Hi loyal followers.  I guess it's time for me to come out of my winter den and reengage with the larger world.  What a doo doo of a winter it has been.  Nothing compared to some of you out there with your illnesses and compulsive disorders but we did have leaks and trees down and cold, cold nights here in the house of the stingy person who won't turn up/on the heat.  By gum that heating oil is expensive.  Tonight, through the sounds of a flood of water running down my driveway and gushing over our little retaining wall, I heard the melodious croaking of the spring peepers.  They are sick of waiting as am I.  My first thought was to blog about spring but I am shy, nervous to find the voice that has been silent for 2 months.  Are you still out there?  Does it matter?

I don't know about you, but somehow this winter I really began to see that I'm middle aged now.  Before I was just pretending-kind of like telling people you are 60 when you are 45 so they will tell you how young you look.  But enough about me.  Let's discuss YOU.  How did you fare?  Is it spring yet in your neck of the woods?  Are some of you out there making your first spring tonic out of weeds and thistles?  I'd love to hear.

More Later,
xo
Plantress

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back ! :) You were missed.
    I think the past winter has made a lot of us blue. I have been having a hard time concentrating on my blog and it's been especially hard trying to focus on my etsy shop...etsy has changed sooo much and I'm having a difficult time accepting the changes and the new, improved Etsy.

    I also get down regarding my blog, it seems the harder I try the worse things get. Lately I've have a number of new followers that as soon as I follow them back they un-follow my blog. So my following number keeps ping-ponging up and down...has been doing this for about the last 3 months. But I think what counts are the REAL followers the one who come and visit, maybe even leave a comment, they're like those true friends that you know you can rely upon. Thank the Lord for them. :)

    Oh honey, at 45 you're still a young gal...I have 20 years on you kiddo ! :) AND my best friend has 20 years on me and can run circles around me just about any day of the week. Age is just a state of mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Plantress how I have missed your blogs filled with snippets of your mind.

    More, I say. More. My winter was, well you know - I spent a great deal of it with you. I'm tired of gray weather, cold winds and dirty snow.

    I yearn for flowers and bright colors and warm sun.

    ~ Sadie

    ReplyDelete