Friday, May 21, 2010

It's about time!


I have a tiny collection of antique clocks.  Some are from Homer Snyder's Auction house-(Friday nights in Hampstead, MD and don't you forget it), some are inherited from my mom and my great Aunt, and a couple I bought at Roy's Never Stop Clock Shop here in town before it closed down.  So I have about 7-9.  I'm not as good as I once was at keeping them wound.  I think clocks have a comforting sound and I love to hear their individual chimes all strike out the hour.  What do you collect?


2 comments:

  1. I have a collection of Cinderella. Special edition Cinderella Barbies, place, porcelain dolls, crystal glass slippers, snow globes, etc. I have had a much harder time finding things last couple of years since Disney decided that they would clump all the Princesses together. I don't want all the others on my Cinderella collectibles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes those disney princesses come in a group now. It's like they are some sort of princess "gang" :)

    I think collecting is very worthwhile and so much fun. Not to mention something we can pass on later to someone else who is passionate. I got my eldest daughter interested in cutter quilts this way

    ReplyDelete