Wednesday, September 1, 2010

So, do you think gold is on the way back in or what?  I have been seeing some gold where before I saw only gemstones and silver.  Hmm.  Gold is sooo expensive, even at wholesale cost-then you have to mark it up for retail and, believe me, where I live there is a limited market as to who will buy the end product at retail.  The problem is, I don't like to deal in faux.  Wooden beads, crystal and glass are ok as they are "honest" but I don't particularly want to use gold plate.  Maybe just throw in some sterling with brass?

Opinions please!

More Later,

xo
Plantress

2 comments:

  1. I agree they are showing a lot of gold in the fashion magazines, and a lot on clothes as embelishments.

    Gold is very expensive and I don't think a lot of people are going to be buying it even though is "in style".

    I think it's a great idea to stick with silver and throw in a little brass for the look of gold.

    Have fun creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are always changing...wait a couple of months and the pendulum might swing back to favor silver. Personally I don't like goldplate as it tends to wear off and then looks cheesy. Gold filled tends to tarnish, so maybe bright brass is the best choice in the end for a gold substitute.

    ReplyDelete