Monday, December 6, 2010

football.

What is wrong?


When God made me he left out the football chromosome. I just don’t care. I can’t believe I wrote that down-said it out loud so to speak. There you have it; I don’t give a rat’s ass about the Ravens. I don’t want to pretend that I do. I don’t know the player’s names or their positions, I don’t want to stay up and watch the game, and I don’t want to wear a jersey in Raven’s colors or go to a game, or especially, watch a game on TV. I don’t really understand football and I don’t want it explained to me. Sports on TV are stupid as far as I’m concerned (ducks down behind desk). EXCEPT division III men’s college lacrosse which is thrilling beyond belief.

More Later,

Xo

Plantress

3 comments:

  1. Add me to your rant. I hate sports, too. I feel kinda bad for secretly wishing my son (who is only 4) will not like sports any more than me so I won't have to sit on the sidelines in all kinds of weather to watch or get up at the crack of dawn to take him to some practice. ...Here son, take this paintbrush and go to town!

    I don't like Lacrosse either, actually I don't know what it is but I don't have the slightest care to know... hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more on the Fooze Ball thing!!!!

    But I have to admit I do like basketball but these days I call myself the "fourth quarter girl" I don't have to watch the WHOLE thing to know what the outcome is. (He! He!)

    Having 2 sports crazy sons and a sports crazy Hubby and seriously we are not just talking the major American sports but because we are Brits add worldwide soccer and Formula One Racing AND BLOODY Cricket to that mix, Oh I forgot RUGBY too!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

    I have had my fill and a lifetime of SPORTS!!!!!!

    Sorry, I know this was your rant, shouldn't have got me started. But I am tempted to start another blog just to be anti sports :)

    Have a lovely day, my dear, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say as I'm a big fan of sports. Some women are, all my daughters like to watch the games and they know the names of the players, the coaches, the games stats. Who's ranked highest, what coach was fired and what coach went where. AND I DON'T CARE !!!

    One of my biggest gripes is to have Thanksgiving dinner sit and get cold, dried out, over cooked, what-ever while the family is mesmerized by a stinking football game. Am I crazy ? Is there a portion of the brain that I'm lacking because I would rather eat and enjoy family conversation rather than be glued to a big game on TV.
    Can't say as there is any sport that I would choose to watch rather than ... oh say ... having a piece of chocolate cheesecake, a chocolate truffle or a chocolate chip cookie.

    ReplyDelete